It’s very difficult to choose the best web hosting provider in the present scenario i.e. Web Hosting in 2016, as there are countless companies which provide unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, email, a high percentage of being up and available (99% or higher), 24-7 support, and more. That’s why it is up to you to do your homework before taking your next website hosting company.
With the following 10-point checklist you can easily pick the right hosting service.
- Identify Your Needs: Before you are going to study different web hosting providers, you have to find out your own web hosting needs. First of all, ask yourself what kind of website you are building and how vast do you think your web traffic to go? It is very important to set up a plan for coming years. After all, this planning only helps you to manage your resources and web hosting needs.
- Reliability/Uptime: It’s very important that your web host is operating on a powerful server and stable network connections. It should be 99.5% and above because anything below 99% is unacceptable. You can check this by reading reviews or by server monitor tools.
- Server Upgrade: If you want to grow your website in coming years, then you definitely have to don’t forget to select up a web host with all possibilities to grow – from shared website hosting to virtual private or dedicated server – for extra processing power, disk storage, memory capacity and better security functions.
- Multiple Domains: According to the Webhosting Talk’s Survey 75 to 80% of the voters own at least 5 domains and 20 to 25% of the voters own more than 50! So, we need extra hosting space to accommodate these extra domains. Because of this, it is important to have a web hosting account that permits to add multiple domains.
- Hosting costs: It is an important point as some are providing their services for signups on cheap prices but later on charge more on renewals. So, to avoid any unexpected surprise you must read the terms and conditions provided and then decide you are ok with the renewal prices or not before signup.
- Refund Policy: There are hosting companies that charge high cancellation fees when users, during the trial period cancel their account. But here at ZNetLive, if you are not satisfied with the service, you could contact them and request for your money back within 45 days in order to receive a full refund.
- Backup: Your hosting provider should be able to restore back the lost files or data in no time. Here are a few key questions to ask your web host before going to buy any service:
- Does your web host provide full backups regularly?
- Can site backup be done easily via the control panel?
- Can you create auto backup your site easily via a cron job or other program?
- Can you restore your backup files by yourself easily?
- Hosting Security: It is essential to ensure the server side and website page’s security. Attackers exploit vulnerabilities on customer’s webserver to steal private information from his customers and to bury phishing attack pages deep into his website.
- Customer Reviews: It is also an important factor that you should look for to get the real story on any web host. Google search and Twitter play a key role to see what a host’s current or former customers are saying about them.
- 24/7/365 Support: Before going with a host, look into their status for customer support. It’s very essential to know different ways available to contact them when you need support – chat, email, phone, and so on. Are they staffed 24/7? Do they outsource support?
Conclusion: Each and every website or blog has different requirements. So, when you are choosing a web hosting provider, go for that one that best suits your needs. It’s not about finding the best web host, it’s about finding the RIGHT web host.
Feel free to drop your comments in the section below.