Kissing is an art that most of us would love to master. It is a wonderful way to establish or build a relationship with your special someone. Though most of us are not born good kissers, we can always learn through trial and error. You know what, we should thank historian Ernest Crawley who studied the origins of a kiss way back in the twentieth century, guess he had a lot of free time!!
It can be an amazing experience, but also a hard thing to do until you get comfortable. While nothing can fully prepare you for a kiss, these tips will certainly help you understand the process of kissing better.
Remember, the kiss you share with someone should be unique as your relationship with that person. So, follow your instincts and use the following as a rough guideline.
How to kiss
- Keep your head tilted, and your eyes in a soft deep gaze. Establish some light physical contact. Do not grope.
- Remember, hand placement is very important. A gentle touch to the back of the neck, the shoulders or your partners head can make this experience all the more beautiful and intense.
- Lean in slowly and meet your partner halfway. Tilt your head to one side as you lean in. This is very important in a kiss–otherwise you’ll bump noses! Also, now is a good time to lick your lips if they aren’t already moist.
- Begin to pucker the lips by bringing them together, pushing them out. Keep leaning in, remembering to tilt your head until you make contact with your partner’s lips.
- Part your lips, but don’t open your mouth like you’re going to eat something. This is done at the last second before your lips meet.
- Open your mouth a little more as your lips meet. You can press a little harder, but not too hard! Remember to keep it sensual and not erotic (at least not the first time).
- You can choose to move your head slightly side to side as you slowly kiss them again and again. Remember to go slow and soak in the passion of this kiss!
- To end the kiss, gently lighten the pressure of your lips and relax. But ensure your still softly holding onto their body.
- If this is your first kiss, you don’t want it to be too long, but you also don’t want it to end soon either. Keeping it short and sensual will keep your partner coming back for more.
The post-kiss phase is as good the pre-kiss state, but more warm and beautiful. If you enjoyed the experience, let your partner know by telling them or by simply giving them a warm hug. If it was a bad kiss, you can try to make changes and give the kiss another go.
Kissing do’s and don’ts
Most of us know it, some of us don’t, and some just completely forget! Keep the following points in mind to avoid a disastrous kiss.
- No matter how much you’re tempted, avoid sticking your tongue in your partner’s mouth or using too much of it. It can be really annoying!
- Moisten your lips slightly before kissing. If you can’t reach for a chapstick, use your tongue. Dry and cracked lips can be a turn off.
- Wandering hands at the wrong places is a no-no. It creates the impression that the guy has only one thing on his mind and it is so not romantic.
- Dress in comfortable clothes, because if your pants are too tight…then your excitement will be amply visible. Teemper has some good articles for guys.
- Too much saliva in your mouth can ruin a kiss. Please do not slobber like a dog.
- Importance of fresh breath cannot be emphasized enough. Brush your teeth before kissing or chew some mint flavoured gum for fresh breath.
- Nobody likes to kiss an ashtray! Avoid kissing your partner right after you’ve enjoyed a nicotine rush.
- Smelling fresh garlic or tasting a chewed chicken from your partner’s mouth can be repulsive. So, don’t do it to them either. Strictly follow point no 5.
- The more relaxed you are, the more you will be able to enjoy the kiss. It’s normal to feel a little bit nervous before kissing someone, especially when it is your first kiss. Just try your best to relax.
Hopefully, your kiss will be the first of many such beautiful moments. If done correctly, we’re sure the twinkle in your eyes and the rush of adrenalin would make you feel like you’re on top of the world! 🙂
I invite all the experienced kissers to share the tips that have worked for them.